Career Success Coach
Contract Position Dates: 11/1/21 - 3/31/22
Hours: 10 hours/week (flexible schedule)
Compensation: $6,600 (potential bonus of up to additional $1,000)
About this role
The Career Success Coach will play a key role in ensuring success of Fellows in Correlation One’s world-class DS4A/Empowerment data training and jobs program. This person will work alongside TAs, Mentors, and C1 staff to provide professional development support.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for mission-driven project work and exceptional stakeholder outcomes. This person should be an empathetic and strong communicator, able to advise individual Fellows about how to achieve their career goals. This person should also be organized and a strong project manager, who can keep big-picture goals top of mind.
This role is part-time contract (expected 10 hours/week), with the opportunity to advance to full-time employment based on performance.
- Support Fellow professional development in an impactful, highly innovative data training and jobs program, working directly with a group of ~100 trainees over the course of the program
- Provide resume / cover letter reviews, mock interviews, salary negotiation, and other support related to job-search preparation
Track Fellow career outcomes via survey and LinkedIn
- Host or co-host relevant career development workshops as needed
- Help source speakers for industry “Day In the Life” sessions
- Engage with Fellows on Rocket.Chat platform regarding professional development topics
- Proactively identify roadblocks to Fellow progress, and create resources and support systems that improve the Fellow’s engagement and experience
- Communicate insights and metrics on Fellow success back to Correlation One
- Collaborate with internal team to creatively assess and develop new career advising and program engagement strategies to support future growth of the program and other initiatives
Some skills we consider critical to the role
- Minimum 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional experience, ideally in career development or coaching, professional counseling, or related program management focused on job seekers
- Outstanding, executive-ready written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience developing trusting relationships and effective guidance to adult learners and/or job seekers
- Familiarity with Google Suite and MS Office Suite, especially Powerpoint and Excel
- Personable, approachable, and a good sense of humor
- An affinity for communicating with others in an empathetic and considerate manner
- Strong work ethic, ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Proactive problem-solver, high attention to detail, and a quick learner
- Passion for building a solid business with a mission to change lives through training
The Hiring Process
Our goal is to move very quickly in hiring this role. The entire process will occur over 2-3 weeks. The interview comprises four stages: a resume submission, an introductory interview, a short exercise, and a final interview round. After each phase, we will inform you as quickly as possible if you proceed to the next round.