The ultimate educational experience is one where the instructors end up learning just as much from their students. This was certainly true of the first day of the DS4A / Empowermentprogram.
The entire team at Correlation One left the day inspired, entertained and in awe of this cohort and the promise that they show for the future of data science. We wanted to share with you just a few of the things we took away:
1. Our DS4A community has found strength in diversity.
Throughout the day the cohort used Slack to connect with each other and to support each other during this program.
2. The best students learn by sharing their knowledge. This cohort is jumping in to support each other and share their tools and best practices with others.
3. This class is ready to network! Within days of setting up the #networking Slack channel, all 500+ Fellows had joined, introduced themselves and connected on LinkedIn.
4. Professor Sheena Iyengar taught us how to create and construct our own dreams in order to become our most beautiful singular selves.
5. And finally, we learnt a ton of new lingo. Our favorite new definition:
So, if used in a sentence:
The more you know!
This is just the beginning of our journey with the first DS4A / Empowerment cohort and we look forward to sharing more insights over the next 13 weeks.