New York City (Remote Optional)
About this role
Lead Instructors play a key role in driving elements of Correlation One’s multiple training programs. They will train Fellows in Correlation One’s programs and work with company operations personnel to drive exceptional learning outcomes. Their main focus as educators will be in larger format lectures, training anywhere from 20 to 2,000 Fellows, live, depending on the program.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent educator with superior communication skills and a good sense for improving the Fellow experience. This person is a quick learner and diligent with their work. Candidates with demonstrated records in education and training, including successful tenures with other educational institutions or training programs, are preferred. Advanced credentials from top educational institutions are also preferred.
Correlation One’s training programs are best-in-class, with teaching staff hailing from some of the world’s best institutions, like MIT and Stanford University. Our programs are also unique because we build them for practical impact; while we love teaching theory behind data, we also orient training to real outcomes, using hands-on training content and the case method.
The majority of our programs are free for trainees, sponsored by our Corporate or public sector partners. This model draws in learners who are both extremely talented and passionate to improve. We’re passionate about our mission to make the future of data equitable to currently underrepresented groups through training.
Our programs are virtual and synchronous for the indefinite future. Live teaching takes place almost exclusively on Saturdays.
About the Team:
Correlation One is a technology company whose mission is to create equal access to the data-driven jobs of tomorrow. We believe that data literacy is the most important skill for the future of work. Our data science competitions, rigorous data skills assessments, and data science education are designed to unlock data fluency for individuals and enterprises around the world.
Our team values a healthy mix of high-level thinking + get-it-done attitude. Everyone checks their ego at the door. We have a hard-working but fun culture where the best ideas win, whether they come from our CEO or our newest team member.
We believe the biggest unsolved problem in data is people. We’re the global leader in this space, helping governments and companies climb the data literacy curve. Our leading enterprise clients include Citadel, Lyft, J.P. Morgan, Johnson & Johnson, the government of Colombia, and more.
- Lead the instruction of a “virtual classroom” within a larger program; these typically consist of between 200-5000 Fellows (though potentially many more, depending on the program); instruction purview includes:
- Train Fellows in key concepts related to data & analytics, or data science (depending on the program, these can span from advanced Excel to concepts in Machine Learning. Note: we place instructors in roles according to their skills and interests!)
- In some cases, Instructors can create case work and curriculum, when interested and for additional compensation
- Collaborate with Correlation One operations personnel to perform class duties well and stay on schedule
- For some programs, we request instructors also contribute to classes during weekdays
Some Skills We Consider Critical to the Role:
- An excellent educator with a passion for teaching and helping others
- Degree in a data science related field and / or industry experience in a data science related role; post-graduate and research work at top institutions are also strong pluses
- Experience working with Python, especially with data-related applications
- Outstanding team and people management skills
- Familiarity with the following topics: SQL, Linear Modeling, Statistical Inference, Probability, Data Wrangling & Cleaning, Information Gathering, Data Analytics, Classification Models, Machine Learning
The Hiring Process:
Our goal is to move very quickly in hiring this role. The process comprises three stages: an application submission, an introductory interview, and a longer, technical interview.
About Correlation One:
AI is poised to be the biggest economic force in history. At Correlation One, we build technology solutions to help clients navigate the data talent market and promote our mission of making data science for all.
We believe that data literacy is the most important skill for the future of work. We promote data literacy through global data science competitions, rigorous data skills assessments, and enterprise-grade data science education. We have built the largest community of data science professionals in the world, including an expert community of 300,000+ data scientists. Our solutions are used by the most elite employers around the world in finance, technology, and the public sector.
Correlation One is committed to promoting a more inclusive global AI ecosystem, including dedicated programs for advancing more women and people from underrepresented communities in data science. We offer competitive salary and healthcare coverage, as well as benefits like generous vacation and, when in-office, catered lunches all weekdays and commuter benefits.