New York City (Remote Optional)
AI will prove to be the biggest trend in history. But the biggest unsolved problem in AI is people.
Correlation One helps people succeed in the data economy. We offer the world’s best data literacy training programs, we have helped set the standard for data & AI skills, and we help organizations discover talented individuals that biased resume review processes overlook.
We are building a global AI talent ecosystem. And we are deeply committed to ensuring a more diverse & inclusive AI ecosystem. Through our Data Science For All programs, we offer free training in data & analytics to members of underrepresented communities with a goal of creating equal access to the jobs of tomorrow. We are reimagining the business model of education, and the pathway from training to jobs.
Check out a video from one of our programs here.
About this role
The Business Operations Associate will play a key role in driving elements of Correlation One’s growth strategy and operations. This person will work with company leadership and support client relationships, with an initial emphasis on our data analytics training programs for domestic clients.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent project manager with superior communication skills and a good sense for big-picture commercial opportunities. This person is a quick learner and diligent with their work. They will have an interest in data science and AI — and in working at the cutting edge of this rapidly growing field. A passion for diversity & inclusion and Correlation One’s mission are a plus.
Correlation One is a company where creativity and big vision are valued. While this role demands operational skills, it will also reward those who can generate innovative ideas for business operations and new product lines. You will work on a small operations team and be able to directly collaborate with firm leadership.
Correlation One is currently working remotely due to the pandemic. The selected candidate for this role will likely begin working remotely, with the option to work remote or out of our New York headquarters through end of year.
- Collaborate with the product and operations team to run our business operations, beginning with a focus on our data science and data analytics training programs, including our DS4A / Empowerment program
- Manage implementation of Correlation One’s products and services with Tier-1 enterprises and organizations
- Perform anecdotal & statistical analysis on our collected product data to uncover actionable insights across different distribution channels, geographies, and client segments
- Collaborate with internal team to creativity assess and try out new products, and build growth strategies
- Drive business development initiatives for our new products and services, including brainstorming ideas, creating pitches, and interfacing directly with new stakeholders
Some skills we consider critical to the role:
- Minimum 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of professional experience, ideally in management consulting, investment banking, or technology/operations strategy at a venture-backed startup
- Experience managing cross-functional, high-impact projects with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding, executive-ready written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiarity with Google Suite and MS Office Suite, especially Powerpoint and Excel
- Personable, approachable, and a good sense of humor
- Strong work ethic, ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Proactive approach, high attention to detail, and a quick learner
- Business acumen supported by a quantitative approach to decision-making
- Proficiency with Python is a plus but not required
The Hiring Process
Our goal is to move very quickly in hiring this role. The process is comprised of four stages: an application submission, an introductory interview, a short skills assessment, and a final interview round. After each phase, we will inform you as quickly as possible if you proceed to the next round.
About Correlation One:
Correlation One is a technology company whose mission is to make data science for all. We believe that data literacy is the most important skill for the future of work. We promote data literacy through global data science competitions, rigorous data skills assessments, and enterprise-grade data science education. We have built an expert community of 250,000+ data scientists and 500+ relationships with leading universities in the US, China, UK, Canada, Ireland and Latin America.
Our solutions are used by some of the most elite employers around the world in finance, technology, healthcare, insurance, consulting, and governmental agencies. Our clients include: SoftBank, Citadel, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Government of Colombia, EY, Lyft, Twitch, Two Sigma, Point 72, Experian, IMC Trading, ZS Associates, and other leading entities. We are committed to building a more inclusive AI ecosystem, including programs for bringing more women and minorities into data & analytics.